Peter Cottontail has been sighted. It’s confirmed — Easter is on its way! Retailers, bring out the candy and chocolate as Easter is the largest candy holiday, according to a 2016 survey from Nielsen.
We want you to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this Easter season, so we’re sharing some retail sales statistics sure to get you in the mood to spruce up your spring candy section!
- In 2019, consumers spent $18.11 billion on Easter, as found by the National Retail Federation (NRF).
- Easter candy represents 30.8% of total seasonal candy sales, according to a 2017 survey by Nielsen.
- The National Confectioners Association reports that two-thirds of Americans planned to make Easter baskets in 2018.
- A 2018 survey by Forbes Magazine reported that 75% of Americans will give chocolate, sweets, and candy as gifts during Easter.
- According to the National Confectioners Association, 55% of Americans name chocolate bunnies and chocolate eggs as their favorite Easter Candy, based on a 2018 survey.
- In 2019, consumers planned to spend $2.49 billion on Easter Candy, according to Statista.
- 5 billion jelly beans are sold at Easter time each year, according to Jelly Belly.
Sales are expected to stay on an upward trajectory for the foreseeable future. In fact, the latest generation of consumers (those 18-35) are enthusiastic about Easter, with 85% of them planning on celebrating, according to the NRF. While it’s too early to report total sales, we can report one very solid stat – 75% of Americans will choose to eat their chocolate bunny’s ears first this Easter.
Be prepared for the nation’s biggest candy holiday. From classic to trending, our Easter chocolate and candy selection is what customers want in their Easter baskets.